So it’s been a minute. Yeah yeah I know, I’ve said that once before. I would say that I had writers block, but I didn’t. I kinda needed to fix myself. Physically and mentally.
Physically, well I live with MS and this is a roller coaster of a disease. You know when you think you have it all figured out. BAM!! Something comes hitting you like a ton of bricks and well you have to start all over. This was the case for me. I thought I had my MS in check, by working out 3-4 days a week, eating better, and by taking vitamins. You know, all the good holistic stuff. WRONG, MS is unpredictable and as I age and my body changes so can MS.
But that’s not what this reality check is about…
My reality check was more so about fixing myself mentally. Which, by the way is always going to be a work in progress because I feel not everyone will have all of their stuff together. There is always room for improvement.
So I’ve “preached” a lot about self care and have helped others achieve their goals, but neglected myself in the process. This led to me feeling stressed, being anxious, and emotional. This rubbed off on my family, which caused unnecessary stress in our home. Totally sucked for awhile.
So what has helped me overcome this, you ask…
- I aim to eat healthier, everyday. Eating foods that are healthier actually put you in a good mood.
- I make it a point to get 7-8 hours of sleep.
- I take time out to take a lunch (I wasn’t doing this before). Taking a walk or reading during this time. Anything other than working.
- Exercise for at least 30 minutes a day, 3-4 days a week.
- Keep a journal. This helps keep my moods in check. Try it.
- Make time for myself. Massage, mani/pedi, etc
- Spend time with supportive friends/family. Nothing like being around positive people.
These are just some of the things I do. The purpose of doing some of these things are to come up with things that will promote positive self growth. So that I can continue a healthy mental and physical lifestyle. Since I’ve been doing this consistently. I’ve noticed a change not only in myself, but in my family. Now look at GOD!! (Praise Hands)
So I said ALL of that to say, I’m back.
And oh, never neglect yourselves. YOU are important.
Until next time…